Google Classroom is an app developed by Google LLC and aims to boost the learning process we have today. The main feature of this app is the usage of physical classrooms, just like in real life. However, Google Classroom makes the file-sharing process much easier for students. It’s a paperless app that brings every aspect of the education system together in one app.
By developing this unique app, Google will help teachers in aiding students to organize classes and homework files, improving the overall communication system between them. Google Classroom can be very adaptive because it supports lots of languages (not just English). This app can adapt to both small and large classrooms. Google Classroom supports Android, iOS, and Windows devices.
Google Classroom is a free tool available for download on just about any app store. Most users seem to be using it on Android supported devices. Google Classroom has a pretty low rating of 2.1 on Google Play Store and is reviewed by more than 500,000 users. We don’t know why so many negative reviews came to be, we are currently exploring this issue.
● Quick setup. It takes a few seconds for students to join the Google Classroom because the only thing preventing them from entering is the code. The process goes like this: The teacher generates a unique code for a classroom, shares it with students and then students are able to join the chat using this unique passkey.
● Time-saving. We have already mentioned that Google Classroom supports a paperless platform. Thus, teachers are able to review students’ work quickly and efficiently, saving a lot of time. There have been instances where a lot of teachers reported improved communications with students because of the use of Google Classroom.
● The organization made it easy. What better place to store assignments than Google Drive? Yes, you heard it right, Google Classroom includes Google Drive support, which means all files and documents will be stored safely on Google Drive’s cloud.
● Free & safe. Google Classroom does not require you to pay anything in order to sign up and start using this app. It’s completely free and safe for both teachers and students. There are no annoying ads or in-app purchases.
● Better communication. Teachers say that it’s never been easier to assign homework, edit documents live, and give notes to teachers. Students also seem to be enjoying this new feature, because, let’s be honest, almost every student prefers online communication rather than a live encounter with homework.
● What do you need in order to start using Google Classroom?
● Camera permissions. Google Classroom will require you to grant camera permissions.
● Google account. Needless to say, you need to be logged in to an account in order to use this app.
● Storage permissions. It does not matter if you are on your phone or a tablet, Google Classroom still needs to have storage permissions in order to download and save files.
All in all, Google Classroom is an amazing app that has revolutionized the learning process. This app has become quite popular among teachers and students. Granted, there are still some features to be added, but the current version of Google Classroom seems to be functioning just fine.